I use all pronouns – usually he/she/they (please feel free to mix and match and have fun with them)
Background and Experience
I have an MA in Existential Coaching from the New School of Psychotherapy and Counselling (validated by the University of Middlesex).
I have a background in performance having worked professionally as a presenter and actor and am fascinated with creative dilemmas. I have coached many creative artists including fashion designers, writers and singers, helping them to find inspiration, confidence and a strong sense of what they wish to share with the world and how.
It is particularly important to me to provide a safe space for neurodiverse and LGBTQ+ individuals, and I have a special interest in working with these groups.
I work with a lot of people on building better relationships with themselves, improving confidence and sometimes simply just giving them a safe space to talk about themselves for a bit.
I am an existential coach, which means that my approach is grounded in a philosophical framework. The existential approach is rooted in what it is to be human. It is not about shortcuts or quick fixes (although we can find small, quick tools to help you!), but about embracing the challenges of living, in a realistic and empowering way. Existential coaching highlights themes such as meaning, values, choice and authenticity. Together we will explore what it means to be you, how you want to live, and plan a way forward that is true to that vision but does not downplay the particular challenges you face.
My particular areas of interest within coaching include:
- Autism Spectrum Conditions
- LGBTQ+ Issues
- Personal Development
- Chapter in Case Studies in Existential Therapy: Translating Theory Into Practice
- Stoking the flames: coaching towards authentic and impassioned change (Article in Coaching Today)
- Chapter in The Wiley World Handbook of Existential Therapy
- Existential Transformative Coaching: Working With Images, Feelings And Values To Revitalize The Life-World (co-authored Article in Existential Analysis: Journal of the Society for Existential Analysis)
- Creative Inspiration and Existential Coaching (Article in Existential Analysis: Journal of the Society for Existential Analysis)